5.5.10

i am bored and half asleep. i was trying to read a running article, but that wasn't able to hold my interest. i can only read a few running articles before i get annoyed that i can't get up and run. i would much rather be running than reading a running article. i have already been on facebook, checked both of my e-mail accounts, scouted my blog list for updates, and picked my nose. (is she joking?)

what to do when bored at work? get a new job. when that isn't yet an option try a crossword puzzle, read about the massive oil spill in the gulf coast, check out jpost.com, or update your blog. all of this after you have finished your work responsibilities, of course, and have eaten too much sugar. honestly, i haven't had that much, yet i feel as though i have overdosed. not a fun feeling.

my after work plan for today was to go on a run. i don't feel motivated at the moment to go on this run. i know i will go. it's hard to think about going when i could fall asleep in my chair. i haven't run since last tuesday. let me tell you, that was a mighty fine run. i think something is wrong with my stopwatch, though. i think it speeds up causing me to think i run much faster than i do. seriously though, i don't feel like i am running that 'fast'. anyone have a stop watch i can borrow for a run to test this out? my plan is to time myself with 2 s-watches.

since you brought up my run last tuesday i might as well tell you about the part that made me smile the most. i had the route planned out in my head. I ran a little over 3 miles out therefore, i had a little over 3 miles back. the second 3 miles i decided to see how fast i could run it. the trail i ran on has half mile markers, love those markers, and for my last three miles i had to double back in order to have a full 3 miles and then walk or jog home. there was a little girl on the trail with her grandmother. she was riding her bike and being a cute little girl. when i turned around at the marker i heard her ask, "Grandma, why is she running in cirlces?" big smile on my face and a chuckle. about 5 or 6 minutes later i ran past them again and the little girl said, "Grandma, there she is again!" i waved at them and was impressed with the little girl being observant and not absorbed in her own little world. ahh...the little things that make me smile.

2 comments:

Maasen said...

i can hook you up with a stop watch

Anonymous said...

suhweet

-al