22.9.09

We did it! Last night Jacklynn and I ran 9 miles! We ended up being adequately damp, but we weren't drenched so we didn't mind! Our half is 26 days away. Will we be ready? Without a doubt.
October 18th, here we come!

For my birthday my Mom gave me running shoes. I have decided to track my mileage on them since shoes should be replaced every 300 - 500 miles.

09/18 - 5 miles
09/21 - I used my old shoes since the weather was so nasty. I didn't feel like turning my new white kicks brown my second time using them.

She also bought me a stop watch. Yes! I am excited for two reasons at least. 1. Ever since I was little I have liked stop watches. I remember collecting the proof of purchase off of Frosted Flakes and getting a Tony the Tiger stop watch. I can still remember the day I received it in the mail. 2. As I run I really like to know exactly how long it takes me so I can work to improve my time.

2 comments:

Tom and Leah said...

you're doing such a great job taking care of yourself. good work. it's safe to say you're the fastest girl on the block.

Allison said...

Haha...Thanks. I'm at least long-winded I suppose.