15.9.09

Goals

I have decided to blog this next month about the 1/2 marathon that I am training for on October 18, 2009. Had I known for sure that I was going to be running one this fall I would have started this months ago. I am training for this half with my dear friend Jacklynn, without her I would not have made it this far. I like to run, but her companionship has been vital.

This journey started early May, end of April. I told my friend Angela that I was thinking about running a half marathon in the fall, but I hadn't told anyone yet. I wanted it to become a reality, but I wasn't sure if it would happen. Beginning in May(? Maybe June) I started running with my good friend Maeret, and a few weeks later I was running with Jacklynn on different nights. These runs, though hard at times, were really fun for me. I cherish the time that I have spent getting to know these ladies and how open we have been with each other. Who knew so much could happen with sweat dripping off of you? This was a summer of pushing myself beyond self-imposed limits. I don't think we give ourselves enough credit as to what we really can do. The human body is incredible. I wouldn't take back running in the humid summer air. Not a chance.

A couple of weeks ago I ran my first 5 mile race, and it was a lot of fun. Somehow I finished 2nd in my age group of women! Woah! Unexpected to be sure. Soon after that, or right before, Jacklynn and I decided to run our first ever half marathon! I am stoked. My goal from earlier this year will be achieved.

What I am doing to prepare

Over the summer I have been trying to start eating healthier. I have been off and on successful. However, I am determined to eat smart while training, and will try to keep track of my diet on here. Great accountability. Also, I will post how much I have run that particular week.

So far this week in running...
Sunday 09.13. Jacklynn and I ran our scheduled 10k (6.2 miles)
Monday 09.14. We ran 4.5 (might have been more like 5) + weight training

I will start posting diet soon. Presently it is late and I am tired.

One more goal that I have is this...To learn how to change my blog background. I have done it before, but tonight I have not been able to figure it out. It hasn't been working at least.

2 comments:

Lauren Blake said...

hey allison- great job on the goals. If your run is in town I will try to be there and cheer you and Jacklyn on. Also, I will show you how to change your background.

Tom and Leah said...

who says things aren't changing. such determination. you can do more than you think and i'm excited for you!