2.2.11

"The art that I create now is of a whole new realm. My purpose is not to create an escape, but to create expression that grounds me and the audience into our true existence, one that is rooted in the earth, and consequently, in our purpose here. We need to get out of ourselves, but not into someone or something else. We need to see the beauty of this world, the beauty of challenge and hardship and the Divine Providence that is happening every moment. It’s all blessing. We are living the good life."

Taken from Making Dignity My Art by Judy Ammar

http://www.chabad.org/theJewishWoman/article_cdo/aid/1408257/jewish/Making-Dignity-My-Art.htm

2 comments:

Kait said...

"It is written in Micah (6:8), “Walk modestly with your G‑d.” It is commanded to us by G‑d to live, dress and behave in a way that is tzniut. It is a beautiful thing. In this manner, we are offering others the ability to see our essential selves—the essence of ours souls instead of the clothes or the masks we wear." ...wow. this causes me to look at modesty through a whole new lens. really good.

"We are given talents in order to serve G‑d in a heightened and more beautified way. Not to figure out how to make our expressions kosher, but to glorify and vivify G‑dliness through our expressions. " mm...that speaks to my soul!

I truly enjoyed this article. thanks for sharing it- i'd like to look up more by her.

Allison said...

I think I am going to visit the chabad website more. It's obviously a great place to be challenged and for eyes to be opened. I will speak for myself at least.

Almost everything, since I am not an actress I can't say everything, she said resonates with me. Modesty is an issue I hear about fairly often, but I don't hear dignity spoken of very often.