10.12.09


Tuesday night after the majority of our snowfall I decided to go outside and try to capture what I could. I also wanted to experiment with different shutter speeds. I haven't done much night photography and figured this was a perfect time to get in some practice.
One of the silly things I did was I forgot that since I had the camera on manual that I had to focus the picture myself. I caught this well before I was halfway done, but if any on here are blurry that is why.

Overall I am pleased with how they turned out. I am excited to take more night pictures and experiment. I am also excited for more snow. Maybe Christmas morning. A girl can hope.

I like this one a lot.
Can anyone guess what this one makes me think of?










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love those last two I might even copy and paste them if that is okay. you have a really good eye and I like the angle you used on the last one. -lauren

Allison said...

thanks! copy away.

Anonymous said...

i think it reminds you of the lamp stand from narnia!
Tom

Allison said...

Ding! ding!! ding!!! We have a winner!! ; )

Tom and Leah said...

no it reminds you of our house! the photos are wonderful. i love the angles and the colors. they almost have a purpley warm feeling to them, even though it was
c-o-l-d! great work, keep posting those photos.