2.11.09

The Results Are In...

In my age group (20-29 year old women) I finished 9th out of 19.
Overall I finished 47th out of 100 with a time of 2:04:39.

Great experience overall. Hopefully my first of many adventurous physical endeavors. Which reminds me that I need to clear something up from my last post. I decided to not run in the Nov. 22 half marathon here in KC for a few reasons, but I am about to start working on my swimming and will have access to a gym so that will be good for triathlon training. I have to be disciplined to do these work outs if I am serious about wanting to do a triathlon, 1/2 marathon, and even a full marathon. Self-discipline isn't my strong suit especially with time, physical training, and how I use my energy, but it is something I am trying to improve. I have the ability and the drive within me no matter how hidden it is at the moment. Ultimately I know that the Lord has given me these abilities, so who am I to not work on developing what He has put inside of me to share with the world? (No, I do not think I am superman or greater than anyone else.)

Praise You, Lord, for my vision, hearing, my voice, a strong heart beat, the ability to walk, breath, think, reason, learn, stand, sit, run, swim, hike, sleep, wake up, hear Him, my community, my friends, family, a body that functions pretty much how it is supposed to, You, Your love, Canada, and so much more.

1 comment:

justin & jacklynn said...

I think you have amazing discipline and self-motivation! You were mine when it came to our runs! I admire your desire to always want more - in life, with the L-rd, and physically!

May the L-rd give you the strength and ability to do all that you set your mind and heart to!

-Your Running Buddy (temporarily on leave)