16.11.09

Last Thursday evening I baked coconut macaroons for the very first time! I am trying to be more conscious of my dairy and sugar intake so I used agave nectar in place of white sugar. (I do understand that agave nectar is not sugar free, but I do tend to feel better about what I bake when I use it) They tasted great. My one complaint is that the coconut I bought had sugar listed as the 4th ingredient. I don't know if I can (probably can), or should, buy unsweetened coconut. I don't know if the macaroons would taste as good with unsweetened coconut. Does anyone know or have an opinion on this?

I also made almond milk, well, almost. I didn't, and still don't, have cheese cloth so I wasn't able to complete the process. Therefore, I have nearly completed almond milk sitting in my fridge. Next time I will certainly read the whole recipe and have the necessary tools on hand.

1 comment:

Lauren Blake said...

look forward to tasting those macaroons maybe you can make them again after I have the baby. I like the new background too. Also great job on the run, you inspire me. So glad you are part of my life.