7.10.09

I have not kept up my mileage tracking. If I back track I apologize.

Sunday 09/27 Jacklynn and-10
I think we rested Monday
Tuesday 9/29 Erin and I-1.5
Wednesday 09/30 Jacklyn and I-5
Thursday 10/01 Erin and I-1.5
Friday-Rest
Saturday-Erin and I-1.5
Sunday-Jacklynn and I-11
Monday-Rest
Tuesday-Erin and I-3---I am so proud of my Sis! She seemed to run this 3 miles with ease. She is ready for our races this weekend! After we ran I did some interval training. The intervals felt great, and I realized I should do that more often.
Wednesday-Today-Jacklynn and I are planning to run 5. We have a week and a half until our 1/2 marathon! I am excited!!

A couple of weeks ago my nephew, Cyle, told me he and his mom, Erin, were going to do a memorial run in Olathe for Jared and Jayne Coones. The proceeds from this run go to a number of different organizations to help with cancer research and provide for patients and their families. Here is the link if it is something you want to look in to: http://www.pumpkinrunwalk.org

That is what I am running on Saturday. Sunday Erin, Jacklynn and I are going to do Abby's Run. I am doing this run in memory of precious Zeke. I am emotional just writing this out. I wonder what Sunday morning will bring, but it won't cause me to change my mind. If I cry the whole time I run then that's what I'll do. I imagine there will be a mixture of emotions. I'm sure I will be overwhelmed with feelings of love and loss, among others, from everyone running, walking and those there to support on Sunday morning. So many people being united. 100% of the donations go directly to Viral Myocarditis research (info taken from web page). The link is: http://abbysrun.com

Run Start Times:
Jared Coones- Saturday, October 10-8 am at Black Bob Elementary in Olathe
Abby's Run- Sunday, October 11-8 am at Town Center Plaza 119th and Nall

1 comment:

Tom and Leah said...

thank you allison. this means a lot to me.