11.10.10

Well folks, we are down to less than a week. The Waddell and Reed Half Marathon is this upcoming Saturday morning. The race begins at 7:30 am, and the runners are told to be warmed up and at the starting line ready to go 15 minutes prior to start time. I am excited and I hope ready. I went for a long run Friday night and after the run my achillies tendon(? i could be way off) was sore. It remained that way until yesterday. I haven't run since Friday, so I don't know how it is going to feel when I run. Other than that my body feels great. My plan is to go on a few easy jogs this week and rest up for Saturday.

You are all invited, though, my feelings won't be hurt if you aren't at Pershing and Grand at 730 am on Saturday morning.

5 comments:

mountain girl said...

Hope you have a great race...miss you lots, let me know how the food project is going!!

Tom and Leah said...

so hypothetically, what time should people be at the finish line, approximately?

Allison said...

I'm hoping to cross the finish line at 930. ;D

Carlye said...

Go AL!!! You rock! I obviously won't be able to attend, but if you stand really still you might hear cheering all the way from Jefferson City ;)

Allison said...

hey thanks. i'll take it!