13.9.10

More important than running.

I quit my job! I put in my two weeks notice and have 9 days left!! I have been at this job for just short of 29 months. About 27 months too long. I look forward to being excited about life. This jobhas been draining, stressful, I don't smile as much as I did in the past, my body feels gross, when I say stressful I mean I overwhelmed to the max, I have had more than one breakdown. Maybe a job shouldn't have that much influence over a person, but it has up until now. My last day is September 24. A most excellent birthday gift. I am gaining courage to do new things. To step out and actually try. I am excited. I know that my job isn't where my ultimate fulfillment comes from, but it makes a huge impact. I desire to enjoy what I do and not be held back by myself or others.

Thank you to all of you who have prayed for me, encouraged me, and helped me. Things in my life are changing. More than just a new job. Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so great! i am glad you are moving on and i am so excited for you to do the 1/2!!! you go girl, can't wait to hear how it goes, i wish i had your endurance ... and knees! love you!
-jacklynn

Lauren Blake said...

that is so cool that your last day is on your b-day new season!

Allison said...

thanks jacklynn! i'm excited about the 1/2. i will let you know how it goes. by the way, i don't know if i would be where i am in my running 'career/goals' without you! love you.

it's actually a week after my birthday. :) i'm still looking forward to this new season. i will try my hardest not to wish this one away too fast and live in the right now. i don't want to miss anything. thanks lauren, i love you.

justjess said...

Yea! I'm so happy for you, the new job the run. Sounds like the L-rd has good gifts to bring you in this next season.

Allison said...

thank you, jess! i am excited!

mountain girl said...

Congrats! Sounds great!