16.2.10

I am entering a contest to win a pair of awesome canada red mittens with a maple leaf on each palm, and the back of the hands say Vancouver 2010 with the olympic rings. One of the ways to enter was to blog about it, so here I am.

http://cafecartolina.blogspot.com/2010/02/come-one-come-all-to-great-canadian.html?commentPage=2

Pretty cool stuff here. You all probably know by now how much I like Canada and love going there. This is just a fun way for me to share some of my Canada knowledge (another way to enter is to list up to 2 facts about Canada), and maybe win a pair of great mittens.

These were my facts:

1.) In 2002 a special quarter was released that is silver with a red maple leaf in the center of it. The Canada Day quarter celebrates Canada's 135th anniversary. It is beautiful. It was designed by Judith Chartier. (If any of you want to see it just let me know and I will gladly show you.)

2.) Also, the Calgary Stampede is held in July every year. It is 10 days long and has been going every summer since 1912. I haven't ever been to the Stampede, but I have been to Calgary and know that my friends from Calgary enjoy it every year.

Another fact is the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel is called Canada's Castle in the Rockies (according to a video I have about the hotel.) Talk about beautiful. I have pictures of this dream land as well.

Ok, I will stop for now.

p.s. if you want fun facts about Canada go back to my post for July 1, 2009. aka Canada Day.

7 comments:

cass said...

I didn't know any facts. I knew you would be way better at this.

cass said...

By the way I think you should take photos of the lovely pile of wood in your yard! I love the look of stacked wood!http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dc/Stacked_wood.JPG

Allison said...

I was so excited when I saw your email. I wondered what kind of Canada giveaway could it be? I was pleasantly surprised. I saw the mittens watching the olympics on Monday night, and in pictures, and thought they looked pretty sweet. Plus, you know me and Canada. : )

Tom and Leah said...

i love it when you talk about canada. i thought it was weird we were going to honeymoon in canada and then i went. woa, it's cool. also, i love the photos on the flickr site. i enjoy seeing your shots. i really like the wood one. and i agree with cassie about the stacked wood. it's so pretty with the snow on it.

Allison said...

Thank you. I love to talk about Canada. I'm glad you have experienced her beauty. : )
I took some pictures of the wood, with snow on it, last Thursday, but I was so cold I did not stay out there long. I am going to revisit the pile soon.

Lauren Blake said...

I think you need to blog about what you found out today! Congrats again.

Allison said...

oh i will. believe me. :)